The Fuller Lodge Art Center
Gallery Shop Manager
We are currently seeking to fill our Gallery Shop Manager position.
Email application form, cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with priority given to applications received by Monday, Dec. 28th, 2020.
The Gallery Shop Manager manages the retail portion of the Fuller Lodge Arts Center, a consignment style shop featuring locally and regionally produced fine art and crafts. Duties fall into three main categories – Sales Floor, Gallery Shop Displays, and Office – and involve managing day-to-day operations, relationships with contributing artists, the physical space of the gallery shop, inventory, volunteers, and customer interactions.
- There are no minimum qualifications
- Experience in retail or art galleries
- Experience managing employees or volunteers
- Experience training others
- Experience working with Quickbooks POS or similar software
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to learn new skills and information, including flexibility to changes in job resulting from COVID-19 restrictions
- Computer skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to learn Quickbooks POS and train others on the software
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues and work with tech support
- 25-30 hours a week
- Ability to be present during most open hours (4-5 days a week)
- Open hours: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday-Saturday
- Ability to work 1-2 Saturdays a month
- Ability to work 5:00pm – 7:00pm shifts during opening receptions (one every 4-6 weeks)
- Ability to work one Sunday a month during holiday season
Fuller Lodge Art Center
2132 Central Ave.
Los Alamos, NM 87544